Thursday, June 2, 2011

Who is this guy Obama and what the heck is he up to?

 

Who is this guy Obama and what the heck is he up to? 

Posted 8/25/2007 12:02 AM

by Paul Servelle on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 4:25am
I searched my computer and found 23 Obama entries dated pre-Presidential election November 4, 2008. Here is one. 

Our campaign, which had hitherto seemed inspiring, innovative, and mercurial to me, began to click, strategically speaking.

"Obama is, obviously, running for President: it's not that he isn't hungry for converts but that his way of courting them is subtle... That is Obama's theory of speeches, and it seems, also, to be his theory of campaigning: don't try to score huge points at every moment, don't kill yourself for every vote--a campaign is a long, slow story, and you don't want to exhaust your audience or yourself." 

Obama: "Let me explain it to you in sport terms. It's like we're in a basketball game, and someone's gonna steal the ball, and I'm gonna miss a free throw, but we're gonna win the game. You can't get yourself worked up over every little thing that somebody says about me or you're gonna go crazy."'

Obama is in the process of building and organizing a national movement for change; we are an imperfect work in progress. 

We are led by a singular human being named Barack, who not only had the wisdom, alone among the major candidates for President, to speak out against an invasion of Iraq when it was highly unpopular to do so, but also is the only candidate whose election can send the world a message from the American people that we too are wise, tolerant, and hopeful of a major change in the way our country is perceived throughout the world.

Assistant Professor of economics; Whittier College; circa 1970

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul! How are you? I got your email with the link to your blog. I have a blog as well, but mine had been somewhat forgot about. I hope your having a great day and enjoying the warm beautiful sunshine! Thanks for the chit chat at Ross today. It was a pleasant experience meeting you! I'm looking forward to reading your blogs!! Take care.

    (I am a natural blonde, I just recently dyed my hair brown so if I look different thats what lol) =)

    ReplyDelete